This is one of my all time favorite recipes. It is so quick & easy to make. Perfect if you want a quick healthy & sweet snack if a friend is coming over or to make for a children’s birthday party.
I absolutely love raw cacao powder! It is heavenly. It is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans that keeps the living organisms in the cocoa and removes the fat – which is actually the cocoa butter. Here are some of the health benefits:
Full of flavonoids which act as natural antioxidants
Rich in magnesium (an energy mineral & vital electrolyte)
Regulates blood pressure
Builds the immune system
This is all on top of it simply being delicious!
1 cup pecans (can swap for walnuts)
1 cup medjool dates (deseeded)
4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
4 Tbsp shredded coconut (keep some aside for rolling at the end)
2 Tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp sea salt
Equipment required: food processor
1. Blend pecans in food processer
2. Add dates & mix until it is combined but not overly mixed (keep some air in the mixture to avoid it becoming too buttery)
3. Add raw cacao, coconut, maple syrup & sea salt to the mixture and combine
4. Use approximately a tablespoon measurement to roll into balls using hands.
5. Roll into coconut
6. Repeat until all the mixture is used
7. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour